Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Do not ingest or inhale. Keep away from children and pets.
Breathing in citric acid can cause respiratory symptoms, such as a cough, shortness of breath, and a sore throat. Contact with eyes can result in redness and pain, and skin contact may cause redness as well. Also, ingesting citric acid can cause abdominal pain and sore throat. For arts and crafts purposes only, not food grade. Due to these concerns, NIOSH suggests preventative measures for those working with citric acids, such as protecting the skin and eyes and providing appropriate ventilation.