Real hand-written Ukrainian Easter Eggs (Pysanky) love vivid colours!
Ukrainian EggCessories offers 22 eggshell dye colours and two washes, Cleansing Orange and Cleansing Yellow wash. These colours offer unlimited colour combinations to use in your pysanka designs.
All the dye colours have a fun Canadian theme and are the only dyes that are mixed and packaged in Canada. We're pretty proud of that. Plus Canadians are known to be light hearted and fun... so why not let our dyes be the same.
We want you to have just as much fun with the eggshell dyes, trusting that the dyes have been tested and re-mixed to give you the best coverage and brightness. Our dyes are very comparable with all the other pysanka dye companies so jump in, grab some dyes and have some pysanka fun!!
These are all sold as individual dye packages but also come in a basic 6 colour kit, a Trypillian Dye Kit, 13 colour kit and 20 colour kit.
Cream Soda Pink, Cleansing Orange Wash & Cleansing Yellow Wash do not use vinegar. Only use 1 tsp of 5% vinegar with Yukon Gold and Kalyna Red. If you can find 10% vinegar, use 1 tablespoon in the remaining dyes. 10% vinegar can often be found in the cleaning aisle of department stores or at an ethnic Ukrainian or Polish store.
All our dyes are considered low toxicity and non hazardous, although some care must be taken for long term exposure to all chemicals and colourants.
- do not ingest or inhale.
- basic protection like gloves, long sleeve clothing and masks when mixing your powered dyes should be used.
- keep away from children and pets
- if possible, keep your dye area separate from your kitchen.
- avoid eating and drinking near your dyeing areas
- keep your cooking and dyeing utensils separate
- do not use the same tools and containers you use for food for your dyeing projects
- all our dyes are not food safe, please do not use for cooking or eating.